Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Back!

Hello Hello Hello! I'm finally back after a week full of fun and relaxation! I had planned to blog once more before I left for the wedding/beach, but oh well.  Since the last time I posted I have attended a graduation, rode to SC, helped with a Bridal Brunch, attended a wedding, gone to the beach (relaxed, ate too much, read a book), came back to Elkin, flew back to KS, and was reunited with my boys!  Whew, what a week.  I have lots of pictures (yay to me for remembering to actually take some), and once I can get them all ready, I'll do a picture post of my trip, but for now, here are a few random updates while I get caught up on life.

A few random things:

Bayler


Since my last post was about Bayler, his family is in NY today getting some tests done to decide what (if anything) to do next.  My understanding is that they are dealing with pain management treatments while they are there.  These trips are super expensive for them, so if they do end up undergoing this treatment, it will be a tough financial burden for this young family to bear.  If you would like to read more or feel led to help, please visit their site for more details.  Thank you for all your prayers and support thus far.

Signs

I know some of you who read my blog also read Jennifer's, but a friend of mine from Memphis has started an Etsy shop for all of her cute handmade signs and frames.  These are customizable and the money she makes from these sells are going to fund the adoption they've felt led by God to pursue.  They're great, so check them out!

Jobs

Jobs.. ugh.. this past week alone, I've gotten 3 rejection e-mails on jobs I know I'm qualified for (at least I thought so ;)) and wasn't even interviewed for.  I'm frustrated.. I'm holding tight to my faith and knowing that there is something great in store for me, but I have to admit that I'm wearing thin.  If you think of it, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers regarding this.  It has been much harder than I anticipated, but I'm trying to keep my chin up.  Thanks for all your sweet comments, thoughts and prayers, and help thus far!

Weddings
I wanted to wish a special congratulations and best wishes to my 3 friends/ family members (and their new spouses) who got married this past weekend.  Obviously, I could only be in one place, but I was thinking of you all on your special day!  A very special congrats to Aubrey and Stanton Elseroad (Aubrey was one of my sweet coworkers in Memphis that I miss so much!), Toler and Jessie Alexander (Toler is a childhood friend of mine from Elkin), and Liza and Brad McDowell (Liza is a cousin on my mom's side and since we're the same age, we've gotten to grow up together, one holiday, beach trip or Granny & Papa sleepover at a time).

All for now.. have a fabulous Friday and look for a picture post soon!



3 comments:

OLIVER EDGAR SONA said...

Glad that you made it back and I can't wait to see pictures. Oliver had too much fun flirting with you and he misses your very cool(and drool worthy) necklace;). Tell Matt that we love and miss him. Love you girlie!

Matt, B & Oliver

Melissa said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful, restful week! Hang in there girl on the job front. Something will come up that will make you so happy that the others didn't work out! In the meantime, enjoy your summer off!!

Aubrey said...

thanks for the congrats/ our shout out on your blog!! hehe. I feel so special!! :)