I thought I would take today's post to update everyone on the job situation as I mark 3 months of official unemployment. Well, unfortunately, things have been really really slow lately. I have had a few more jobs to apply for, and have done so at the end of last week and first of this week. I've also had a little success in making some networking connections, so I'm hoping that will help a little. I have not had any interviews, however, in the past month, so that's kind of discouraging. I know the right job will work out, but I must admit my patience is wearing thin. At least we've got some fun coming up to distract me (welcome to wedding season). I'm going to be headed to NC/SC next Wednesday and will be there for a week. When I get back, I'm thinking about applying for some part time positions. I need something to make a little money and take up some time. I guess the only issue is that I'd like to be home whenever Matt is home, esp. since his hours are kind of long. What do you guys think? Just something I'm considering. I guess we'll see when I get back. For now, I'm just holding on, knowing that God has a plan for me, too, and waiting (trying not to be anxious) to know what it is.
That's all for now, have a great weekend!
3 comments:
I know you how feel - I was looking for a job and took part-time at my school. Now - it was the best decision and totally God's plan. I think part-time would be a great idea. I will keep you and your job in my prayers!
I was in the same boat. I didn't want to do retail because Tony travels a lot during the winter months and I wanted to be home on the weekends with him- and at night. There is something about being a wife where your whole perspective changes! Thats why I started working at the daycare center. I could work some hours- get more if they needed me and the paychecks (although it is childcare) really helped us live a more comfortable life this year!
It will all work out! I was laid off last September and I know what it's like.
Post a Comment