Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing in 2011

Matt and I had planned to hang out at home for New Year's Eve, but last minute, we ended up taking up some friends on their invite, and headed over to their house for a little celbrating.  We had a great night hanging out with friends, having yummy food and drinks, and enjoying the down time.  Here is our New Year's Eve in pictures.

Hubby
 Friends
 Yep, it's me
The Girls

 There were lots of mounted animals, so we took advantage of them for funny pictures.

 deFlons in 2011!
 We had a great time and were so glad we ended up going out (instead of our inclination to stay home and be boring)!

New Year's day, Matt went hunting with some friends (typical), and I headed out for a birthday lunch with some great friends (who are some of the best things that happened to me in 2010)!  As always, the food was good and conversation was wonderful!


Matt and I wrapped up the weekend by having lunch with his Grandpa and Joyce at his parent's house on Sunday and taking in True Grit (great movie and a good one for both men and women)!  It was wonderful long weekend, and a GREAT way to roll into 2011!

As for resolutions, I'm not opposed to them, however, I plan on working on my 101 in 1001 instead of having a specific goal of 2011 (speaking of which- I have some goal updates to do already!).  I also look forward to just enjoying what the year brings and trying not to take it too seriously!  Happy 2011 ya'll!


3 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you had a great time!

Gwen said...

Love the photos of you all with the dead animals. :) Thanks again for spending time with me on my birthday!! Love seeing you all!!! XOXO

d.a.r. said...

Obviously I am using my morning to catch up on blogs. Shhh, don't tell! :)

Happy happy new year! Though, I am totally disappointed that I didn't get to see a shot of "laying outside the bathroom door while Canye brings me toys". Ha!