Monday, January 10, 2011

Hall of Famer

This weekend was made up of lots of fun and relaxation including a dinner date, just Matt and I and a fun holiday party with Matt's company.  We also had a full day of just (wonderful) lounging at home on Sunday.  To top it all off, this weekend, Matt was honored at our old high school for his soccer accomplishments and was inducted into the BV High School Athletic Hall of Fame.  I was one proud wifey snapping away (although it was awfully weird to be back in our high school for the first time since we graduated).  Still- a great night for the deFlons- I'm so proud of you, Baby!

 These 5 were the only ones chosen for Soccer inductees since 2003.


 Getting his award from his former soccer coach




Hope you've all had a great start to the week and are keeping warm on this snowy Monday (at least here in KC)... I've really got to look into a job that does not require working on snow day (Matt too, his morning commute took almost 3 hours!).  Goodnight!


8 comments:

Gwen said...

Congrats to Matt!!! It is weird going back to HS after so long. Stay safe on these roads my friend. XOXO

Kitty and June said...

so exciting! that's a really special honor for him! :) hang in there with all the snow. this is the time of year i'm sooo thankful i'm a teacher! safe driving thoughts coming your way! :)

beka said...

Yay! It's awfully cold outside and I hear you on this snow... it's pretty but not fun to drive on!

d.a.r. said...

How cool!!! Congrats to Matt!

Brittany Ann said...

Good work to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Congrats to the hubby! :)

Elise Gabrielle said...

Congratulations Matt! Just leaving high school last year, I can't imagine how cool that was to go back!

Jessie said...

Jordan, I've awarded you a blog award! Stop by and pick it up!

http://journeytofitandfabulous.blogspot.com/