Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to "Normal"

After a nice, fun weekend (plus a few days) with our friends/old neighbors, the Grays, we are finally getting back to "normal" around here.

We had an awesome time with our friends, spending most of our time shopping for baby goodies (so much fun), hunting (yep.. the boys, not me), and showing them some of our favorite friends and people around town.  We didn't really do any of the big "touristy" things in KC, but we took them to our favorite restaurants and to meet some of our friends at a party on Saturday.  It was a great time catching up and just hanging out, and it didn't hurt to hang out with this little doll baby.

(not actually this weekend, but I did get to see him in these cute PJs- taken from his mommy's facebook)

And yes, for those of you who were wondering, Drake added to the 'baby fever', especially since he was the best behaved, happiest baby I've ever seen (Cayne, our lab, way out-whined the baby..geez)!  Matt and I joked that we would never end up having a baby that well-behaved, but I guess we'll see when the time comes (and no, not yet)....

Monday and Tuesday of this week, Matt took his first vacation days in over a year to hang out and hunt with 'Bubba', but I had to go to work.  In order to get more time to hang out, I headed into work at the crack of dawn.. maybe before... so that I could leave early in the afternoon.  As I'm sure you can imagine, I am now completely exhausted as a result (but what a great reason to be tired). 

Overall, we had a great time with the Grays and are so glad they got to come visit.  Hopefully next time, we'll head down to Memphis to see them (and all our other Memphis friends)!

Also, thanks to all of your sweet words of hope and concern for me with the work situation.  If you can believe it, this week the situation has actually gotten worse, and my boss is no longer working there (although I'm not going to go into details here).  I'm just trying to be patient and hope and pray things will turn around soon.  Anyway, we're back to normal life, work, gym for me, and relaxing nights at home.  It was wonderful to have friends here, but I'm also enjoying the time just the two of us in our house!  Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!


5 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

We would LOVE for you all to come visit and our dogs whine way more than Jack... maybe it's a lab thing :) Praying for your work situation!

Rachel and John said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. You deserve it!!

d.a.r. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Praying for your work situation. I'm so sorry :(

beka said...

What a great time it sounds like you had! I know how that baby fever thing works...

So sorry about your work situation :( I've been there and it's not fun, is it. Praying that it all gets better soon.

Gwen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The job situation is tough. I'm hoping it all gets better soon. XOXO