Tonight our house guests (aka They Grays- our old neighbors from TN) arrived, and we're so thrilled to have them plus 5 month old, baby Drake, here for the next few days. Since I couldn't take off work (love not having but a couple vacation days), we'll try to squeeze in the best of KC in the next few days... and I'll likely be MIA from the blog until they're gone.
I do have a favor to ask, though! For any KC bloggers, please let me know any recommendations you have for fun things to do in KC (note, we'll likely have Drake in tow). Those of you not in KC, what are your favorite types of things to do when traveling to a new city. Thanks in advance for your help and have a great weekend!
On a side note, this really rough week ended up even worse. Matt hit a patch of ice today on his way to work and spun his truck (he's alright, truck has a beat up back end)... work is still dramatic and doesn't seem like it will get less dramatic any time soon.. Say a prayer, please- it's been a rough week. Hoping for a wonderful relaxing weekend to escape this week and wanting that optimistic spirit to return this week!

5 comments:
Some of my favorite places to eat downtown are Buca de Beppo and GOJO's both would be okay with a small baby although GoJos can get a little steamy when it's busy since it's an hibachi.
Anything BBQ, because KC is unofficially the city of BBQ. (officially the one of fountains, which I never really understood. HA!)
Union Station usually has some sort of exhibit to visit.
The WWI museum is AWESOME but I don't know how well a wee one would do.
Boulevard Brewing Co does some great tours and I'm sure the baby could come along.
Have a great time with friends!
I'm so sorry to hear that your truck is beat up- this ice can do a number on cars :( Hoping that you've had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying your friends... just remember, it's temporary. Anything bad in life usually ends up being temporary... and things get better. Praying your week starts off better than last!
Hope you had a better weekend after the bumpy start with Matt's truck. I would agree with Crystal...GoJo's and JackStack for sure!!! XOXO
hope you guys had a great visit!! :) and good luck with everything....it's got to get better!
I'm SO sorry to hear that you are having a rough week. I can truly relate as life has had many ups and downs for me lately as well. Just hang in there! So glad hubby is okay!
Enjoy your time with your guests this weekend - maybe it will be a nice change of pace!
Post a Comment