Yes, folks... I realize I've been a little MIA lately, which is unfortunate, since I actually have things I want to blog about. Unfortunately, I've been swamped with life (some things good, some not so great).
So What have we been up to?
Driving in this miserable snow and wishing for a job where I got snow days or could at least work from home (or at least a 4wd car).. yep- 2 hour drive home tonight...
Work Work Work.. work's been kind of tough lately for me. We've had a lot of turnover in our leadership staff (in fact, another put notice in today). It's really frustrating and disheartening for those of us still there, and I'm just having a hard time feeling engaged in my job right now.
Visitors- One good thing that's taken our time is planning for visitors this weekend. Assuming the weather permits, we're supposed to have friends visiting from Memphis this weekend. They'll be our first house guests in the the new home, and I can't wait to have them.
Gym shopping. Since we've moved to our new 'burb, we're a little further from the old gym. I'm also hoping to find something a little cheaper. Therefore, I'm on the hunt for a new gym. The old membership expires at the end of the month, so I've got a lot of ground to cover in a short time. I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding what I think of everything. So far, nothing has compared to the old gym overall, but the prices at some of them would be a much better deal.. lots to think about.
Speaking of, I've been doing lots of thinking... Jobs, family, travel, money, God, schedules, our future.. my thoughts are kind of all over the place lately.
Well, I promise to be back to regular blogging soon, but for now, just wanted to check in! Hope your weeks are going well!


5 comments:
Life sounds crazy! Thanks for checking in - I've missed you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with friends! :)
I hope your friends are able to make it in! I see you're in KC (I am too) and I am about tired of this snow! As far as gyms, you might check a community center. Not the most glamorous but usually affordable, that is where we go!
didn't the drive home yesterday suck! ahh! i was almost in tears! glad you made it safe! good luck this weekend!
2 Hours????? I remember those drives when I worked in Corporate Woods and had to get home. Glad you made it safely to your doorstep though. I actually chickened out (stupid almost bald tires) and had Brian pick me up. That man has no fear and we made it home with Ellie (had to pick her up from school) in 23 minutes. I timed it. I'm sending you my prayers on the job front. I know it's so difficult for you. But hey...lets do lunch soon. Once the roads clear of course. And YAY for your house guests. Have a great weekend!! XOXO
I'm sorry you've been so crazy with work! I hope that your friends are able to make it in so you can enjoy a break away from work! I hope everything calms down soon!
Post a Comment