Sunday, January 30, 2011

Encouragement

Pulling out of work Friday, I let out a big sigh of relief to be done with another week of work and pulled out of the parking lot thinking to myself and wondering what I should do about this whole work thing (to say it's kind of consuming my thoughts would be putting it mildly).  I turned up the radio and an unfamiliar song came on.  I thought about changing the station, wanting something good and happy to make me forget about work and settle into the weekend, but instead I stopped for a second to listen (I'll add here that I often listen to Christian music when I'm alone in my car, it centers me and gives me quiet time regularly- just me and God).  The song below came on and I smiled.  He's Got This, and I need to trust and be patient.  As hard as it is sometimes, it's encouragement like this sent "directly" to me that makes the message impossible to deny.

This Is The Stuff

Francesca Battistelli


Francesca Battistelli I lost my keys
In the great unknown
And call me please
'Cause I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately.
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed

This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've got to trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I might choose
But this is the stuff you use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines
While I'm running behind

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed

This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I might choose but this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world

This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of little my mess
I forget how big I'm blessed

This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust you know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose but this is the stuff You use

This is the stuff You use

 

Happy Sunday! Hope it's wonderful!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Good lyrics! It puts a lot in perspective!

d.a.r. said...

I love this and needed to hear it this weekend!!

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear work isn't going well. Hoping things improve quickly!!

beka said...

Great lyrics... glad you were encouraged and thanks for passing it on

Amber said...

What an amazing song!! It honestly sounds like my every day thinking! It's so easy to become frustrated and annoyed with the little irritations of life rather than focusing on all the HUGE ways that God has blessed us. Thanks for the reminder!

Kitty and June said...

this is sooo good! i need to print this out and put it on my fridge! :) hope the job gets better!

stay safe and warm today!

Gwen said...

I'm praying for you girl. I know its hard but you are so right. He's got you taken care of. So excited for this weekend! I think we all need so mindless fun!!! XOXO