I'm a little late on recapping the last year, but better late than never. 2010 has been quite the year.... I've had some of the saddest moments of my life, but I've also had a lot of exciting changes and I feel like the best is yet to come!
January
We rang in 2010 with visits from friends- Matt's friend, Jordan and my friend, Lindsay (I went with her to cheer on ECU in their bowl game).
Matt left for his new job, while I stayed and started packing up our first house in Memphis.
And our friends, the Abercrombies, had their first baby, Jack.
February
I finished packing up and Matt came back for our big move.
I said goodbye to my old job.
And some great friends...
And a beautiful first house
It was sad to say goodbye, but we know we'll see them all again, and we knew God led us to this move.
I spent the last of the month learning was working from home was all about.
March
I stopped working from home and started interviewing for jobs in KC.
I visited my family in NC, and I joined a gym.
We settled in (more than we could have known then) in our room at the deFlons.
And I met my "nephew" puppy, Benning.
April
We had a visit from my friend, Emily, and her hubby Josh.
We celebrated Easter, and I celebrated my 24th Birthday.
May
I ran my first 5k with Patricia.
Matt turned 24.
Dad stopped in for a visit.
We attended our first Royals game together.
We wrapped up the month with a trip to St. Louis where we met our old neighbors from TN and had a great time!
(The Grays)
June
We celebrated our 2nd Anniversary.
I made another trip home to see family and attend my cousin, Liza's wedding (and see Molly be a junior Marshall).
Our friends, Bridget and Kyle tied the knot (although we were unable to attend).
And we said goodbye to my angel of a cousin, Bayler, after a two year battle with cancer.
July
Wedding Month this year!
Matt was in his friend Brad's (and his wife, Ashley's) wedding.
And I road-tripped to Abilene, KS with my sorority sisters for my friend, Alison's wedding.
And I met some great blogger friends for the first time!
August
I ran my 2nd 5k and coordinated my first wedding.
Matt and I attended another Royals game with Jordan and his girlfriend.
And we headed to the lake with friends.
I joined a book club with some new friends.
Our friends, the Grays, had their first baby, Drake!
And at the end of August, I finally got a job!!!
September
We spent lots of time with family and friends and said goodbye to one of Matt's friends who was moving to Iowa.
October
I went brunette!
I went home for Molly's homecoming.
We went back for our first K-State football game since college.
And we started looking for houses!
November
We found a house and went through the whole offer/negotiating deal and finally got it!
And we spent Thanksgiving with the deFlons (although I failed to document with pictures).
December
We FINALLY moved into our new home!
We celebrated Christmas the deFlons and just the two of us in our new home.
And Cayne started adjusting to his new place.
Then we headed to NC for Christmas with our family there.
And returned home to KS to wrap up 2010 (technically, our first picture in 2011).
2010 has been a big year for the deFlons with lots of changes! I look forward so much to all that's to come! It's going to be a big one, and I look forward to cherishing every minute of it!














4 comments:
I don't know if I've ever seen pictures of your first house! It was gorgeous!
What a great year for you! Your new home is adorable!
What a fabulous (and busy year)!!! I think meeting you all had to be one of the biggest highlights for me!!! Thanks again for celebrating my birthday with me!!! XOXO
You guys had a great year!! Hopefully 2011 is even better!
Post a Comment