As usual, we've been seriously busy around here lately. For anyone who's been living under a rock this week, Kansas City (and a good portion of the Midwest) experienced a Blizzard this week. Doesn't sound so bad if you get to stay inside and keep warm. Unfortunately, we both had to head into work all week. Matt did get out early one day and swung by my office to pick me up a little early to head home (since there's no way 2wd would have cut it). The blizzard is now over, but temps remain in the negative to single digits- COLD!
Other than keeping warm, work has been keeping both of us very busy. Thanks again for everyone who's been thinking of/praying for my work situation. This week has been interesting. We got our interim "boss" who will be filling in until we hire a new one. She's definitely a play by the rules, straight shooter, and I think I'll really enjoy her help in dealing with some difficult supervisors. She's a little intimidating (and definitely more demanding) than my previous boss, but I hope it might help to make things a little more enjoyable in the long run- fingers crossed! Matt hit his one year mark last week... pretty hard to believe that it's already been a year since this whole new journey for us began.
After all the hooplah about choosing a new gym, I've finally decided to stay at my current gym for now. I tried out several others in the area, but none measured up (especially when it came to classes), so I've decided to stay for now. In the long run, I might have to leave for cost or location or both, but for now, I'm going to try to make it work. I've also been slacking a little in the running department. Last week I ran 3.5 miles, but I haven't done a long run of even 5 or more miles in weeks. I have, however, decided on my first 10k. It's going to be on April 2 (I think) and should be a great run. It goes down a great route in KC, and I think it should be a fun run. It's also a good time frame to train and get ready. I know I can already do the race distance, but by then I should be able to get in some outside running, which will be good. I'm going to aim to be able to run at least 8 by the time of the race, which should be really do-able.
We have lots of fun coming in the next few weeks, and I'm so looking forward to it! My parents are working on scheduling a trip out. It will be the first time they've been out since we've been back in KC, and I can't wait to have them and to show them our house! This weekend, Matt's on call (not so fun), but I have a fun Girl's night out (in) planned with some great ladies, and I can't wait- tacos, skinny margaritas (not so skinny chocolate covered treats), nails, and Wii- can't wait! Finally at the beginning of March I'm helping host a bridal shower for one of my besties here at our house! I'm planning to work on some decorations this weekend! This is my inspiration:
Well, I'm off to bed. As you can probably tell by now, this week has been so tiring. I can't wait to relax, rest up, and enjoy good company this weekend! Hope yours is great too!





2 comments:
I'm running the Parkway too but I'm shooting for the 5K!!! Still hoping to actually run the whole thing this time. LOL!!! I can't wait for Saturday!!! YAY!!! XOXO
Ahhh Gwen and I are going to run the 5K that weekend!! We should do lunch after or something :)
Can't wait to see you girls tomorrow!
Post a Comment