Happy Memorial Day!
Today, I've tried to take time to think about all those who have served our country and fought for our freedom both now and in the past. Whether it my grandfather back in WWII or my new brother-in-law in the army today, they've all made such a sacrifice for our freedom, and I am so grateful. Thank you to all those who served or those currently serving (and their families who support them). You make our lives what they are today.
This holiday weekend started out with a trip out to Milford lake with Matt's family. We headed out Friday night and had good, low key family time. It was great catching up, grilling out, and riding in the new boat (the boys went fishing but it was WAY too chilly for laying out or swimming). We decided to come back on Saturday night so that we could have a weekend at home to ourselves. Life has been a total whirlwind lately, and we REALLY needed some down time. We had a wonderful time at the lake, but I'm so glad we came back, as Matt and I have had a really good weekend just the two of us.
Sunday we slept in, and then headed out on a mission to find a new grill. Our last house had a built in, so we had asked for money toward this from the parents for our birthdays. Thanks to their gift, we were able to pick up a great grill (after a little shopping around), and brought it home to start grilling! Unfortunately, the propane tank had some kind of issue, so the grilling, itself, got put until today. Other than that, we just got a lot of little things done around the house, caught up on laundry, and spent a lot of time just the two of us (plus Cayne). It was a perfect, relaxing day (clearly much needed after last week) at home.
Today we were both lucky enough to have the day off, and we had another great day. I went to the gym in the morning for an awesome workout, while Matt slept in. We made lunch at home and then went to do a little car shopping. We've been thinking for a while about potentially getting a different car for me. My commute and gas prices have made my Explorer quite the money sucker! We definitely didn't make any purchases today, since it will be quite the decision, but it was fun to look and good to get a better idea of what is on the market.
Tonight we broke in the new grill with steak night- the first steak night in our new house if you can believe it. Matt grilled and I made potatoes and salad. We even enjoyed our dinner out on the deck enjoying the amazing weather- Perfection! Isn't it amazing how much more you connect when you take time for dinner away from TV and other distractions? I'm embarrassed we don't do it more often, but we both agreed we need to! We finished tonight with a trip for frozen yogurt (add in fatty candy :) ).
Ahh.... Bliss!
-Jordan-
On a side (and sadder note), I have a prayer request. My cousin's son, John Stephen (4 y.o.) was hurt in a golf cart accident this morning and has had eye surgery as a result. I don't have many details, but we're praying for a full recovery for the little guy and his sight to return. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
What a great weekend!! Glad you got to bust out the grill :)
Praying for your cousin's little boy. Sounds scary! I hope he is okay!
First off, I LOVE your kitchen! All of the wood work looks wonderful with the deep color of the walls! Secondly, I feel you with the Explorer. We had to trade in mine so that I could get a more gas friendly car to travel back and forth from Virginia Tech! Thirdly, the grill looks great! I'm glad you got it working!
John will be in my prayers!
I hope all is well!
Warmly,
Elise Gabrielle
http://elise-gabrielle.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment