"I cannot go to school today said little Peggy Ann McKay. I have the measles and the mumps, a gash a rash and purple bumps... "
Sorry Peggy Ann, but you've got nothin' on me today...
I feel awful complaining (especially in light of the devastation some people are dealing with right now), but I try to keep a real account of my life on here and today was kind of a rough one... Truth be told, I should have known today was doomed because I came super close to a billion car pile up on my way to work this morning. Everything went flying across my car, but thankfully, I narrowly escaped the run-in.. it was close enough to leave my heart pounding, though, and my nerves on end.
I also woke up again this morning with the nagging sore throat and runny nose I've been fighting for about three weeks now.
The day started normally enough, but in our meeting this morning, my boss announced that everyone would now have to do the manager weekend/holiday rotation except a couple people.. I was NOT in that couple of people group, meaning, the worry I had has now come true.... I'll now have to add a weekend shift (looks to me to be about one weekend day per month) and one holiday per year. I know it may not sound like much to some of you, but I really hate it. I really love to have my weekends for family and friends, especially since all my friends and my hubbys have a normal M-F schedule. I get to pick a day off during the week when I work a weekend, but what's the point of having a day off when there's no one to be around (yes, sometimes alone time is nice, but I would rather have this time at least available to be with friends and family). I have a number of other reasons why this is so frustrating to me, but the biggest is because I was not told this was even a possibility when I was hired. In fact, I remember when I came in to fill out paperwork, asking my former boss if it was just 5 days a week, M-F (right?) and he confirmed.. too bad he's not my boss now, since it was his deal. Ugh...
So clearly this was the biggest pain in my day... aside from that, I've just been off all day (maybe due to the previous stuff). I have been buried in work all day and feel so behind. I forced myself to leave (since I was hitting OT), but I have SO much to do tomorrow! I also had someone come in right as I was leaving today to correct some payroll stuff, which made me about 25-30 minutes late for my workout class. I missed most of the cardio portion and had to hit up the grocery store after, so I couldn't stay to finish my workout.
Sorry for being a bit of a cry baby, but man, can't I just win one today?! Good thing tomorrow is a new day. I know God has a plan for all this job stuff (although as a planner myself, I'm dying to know what it is.. control freak? Maybe...), and the rest is just crap.. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday (and yes, I have this weekend off). Hope you all have a fabulous Friday, and please continue keep in mind the bigger problems in this world (those poor tornado victims among others).
-Jordan-
1 comment:
Nooooo...I am so sorry about work!! I am praying so hard that a better opportunity comes along!
Post a Comment