Monday, May 23, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

We had quite the crazy, fun, busy weekend, so I thought I'd link up and make it a Miscellany Monday post to recap all the 'miscellaneous' fun we had this weekend (in sequential order.. I don't think I do the miscellany part so well).

(1) Thursday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for Marcella and Mike's wedding.  Everything went really well, and we got to enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant, Will Jenny's.  It was delish, and the couple's slideshow was super cute, too!

(2)  Friday morning, I went for a run and then got ready and headed to meet the bride and her ladies for a day of lounging, snacking, and hair/make-up.  We had a nice, relaxing time just hanging out while we got ready.  We also got our very pretty and purple jewelry, a tote for our stuff, and some flip flops for dancing the night away (thanks Marcella)!  About 4:30 p.m. we headed to the church to get dressed, and from there, we took a few pictures then got the show on the road!

The Beautiful Bride getting all dolled up!

(3) [Friday afternoon, I also got the all important call that we are having a NIECE!  It's a girl for my sister and brother-in-law! WOW!]

(4) I've known these two (Marcella and Mike) for quite a while and must say, I have no doubt they'll have a wonderful marriage.  The ceremony was very sweet.  I especially loved the love letters they wrote in pre-marital counseling that were read during the ceremony.  After the ceremony, we took some more pictures and then got the party started!  Again, more great food at the reception, some very sweet and humerous toasts, and lots and lots of dancing wrapped up the night.  Marcella and Mike, thank you for letting us be a part of your day (especially letting me have the honor of being a bridesmaid).  We had a great time, and we're blessed to have such great friends.



{some pictures may or may not be 'borrowed' from facebook}

(5)  We also got to enjoy the company of our great friends, Emily and Josh, who stayed with us after the wedding.  I love having company, and it was nice to get to spend a little more time with these out of town friends.  We hit up Oklahoma Joe's for lunch before they had to head on to some family stuff.  I'm so glad we got this time to catch up, and I'm looking forward to making the trip out their direction next time (or maybe to the lake.... if they make us :) ).

(6) Saturday, Matt and I joined some more wonderful friends for a surprise party!  Even though we were running late (yes, not typically a good idea for a surprise party), we managed to beat the birthday girl there and surprise her (and make the baby cry.. sorry Jamie)!  We enjoyed some wonderful food (yes, it was a common theme this weekend.. this time a cookout) and had a great time catching up!  These girls have become some of my best friends, but what is really funny is that the husbands have gotten along amazingly well.. in fact sometimes it scares us a bit :)  (They even joked about starting their own blog... yikes!)  We can definitely look forward to more nights like this to come!

 
{thanks D.A.R. for the pics}
 (7)  Sunday, I morning, I slept in and then went to church and the gym.  Since Matt hadn't seen his friends in a while, he went to play a little golf with a buddy before we had the insurance people come out in the afternoon.  We've been told we have $6800 in damage to the house, so we'll have to get estimates now and then move forward to get things fixed.  Kind of a bummer, but I guess that's why we have insurance.  Matt and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at home, just the two of us.

(8)  Now we're off to a new week!  Hoping this one will be a little less nutty and really productive, so we can enjoy our Memorial day weekend.  On a much heavier note, a destructive tornado hit the city of Joplin, MO (about 2-3 hours from here) last night.  The devastation is horrendous.  Matt's family's close friends, the Copes, live in Joplin.  We just got word they are alright (the tornado was about 10 blocks south of them), but there was great loss of life and property.  Please keep the city of Joplin in your prayers today and over the next few weeks.

 -Jordan-

2 comments:

beka said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding - and congrats on the baby niece!!

d.a.r. said...

We are in SO much trouble if the boys start their own blog, haha!

We had a blast! Can't wait to see you guys again. This summer is just crazy for all of us I think!