Well, this has been quite the week of food in the deFlon house. Just as the title says, we've had our shares of trials and triumphs....
Sunday night, I attempted to make a tasty Salmon dish, as a special treat for the hubby, especially since I hadn't cooked much the week before. Well, the broiler had other plans for this night. Believe it or not, I have never even used the broiler before.. turns out, my inexperience showed, as I proceeded to burn the crap out of my poor little salmon fillets. Don't worry, though, it gets better. In addition to burning the salmon, I also undercooked the rice and undercooked the frozen pizza I made as the replacement meal (yes, it's true, you can ruin a frozen pizza)... massive kitchen FAIL.
Monday night, I tried to redeem myself by making another yummy recipe- one that was new back in November or December (but that I hadn't shared with you all yet). Thankfully, this one turned out much better, so without further adieu.... TASTY TUESDAY!
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup dill pickle relish
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package)
1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Butter Tastin’® refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
1 teaspoon water
2 tablespoons sesame seed
DIRECTIONS
1- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in ketchup, relish, mustard, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Reduce heat to low.
2- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using serrated knife, split each biscuit in half horizontally. Press 1 biscuit half into about 4-inch round. In ungreased non-stick jumbo muffin pan, press round in bottom and 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up side of muffin cup. Repeat with remaining biscuit halves.
3- Divide beef mixture evenly among biscuits in cups. Top with remaining biscuit halves, stretching slightly to cover beef mixture and slightly pressing edges to bottom biscuits to seal.
4- In small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; brush on top biscuits. Sprinkle with sesame seed. (I skipped this
5- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving.
5- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving.

(adding the meat mixture and covering with the top of the biscuit dough)
Nutrition Information:
1 Serving (1 Serving), Calories 440, (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g, (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 3 1/2g), Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 1080mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g, (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g), Protein 20g
I didn't have a jumbo muffin pan, so I made a smaller portion and used regular sized muffins. Even though I left out the sesame seed step, these still turned out pretty yummy! It has a great, tangy, comfort food taste (if that makes sense)! It's also nice that you can cut them up or pick them up since they come out in muffin form.
Onto another night of cooking adventures... yikes!



3 comments:
We are big salmon lovers here! The easiest, in my opinion, way to prepare salmon is buy fresh fillets, marinate about 2 hours in the fridge then grill them outside. I don't know how long exactly, as Edgard usually does that part, but they are quick. I usually marinate with dijon mustard, olive oil, a splash of brown sugar and fresh dill. You can't go wrong!
Girl....don't get down about kitchen mishaps. I still for the life of me can't get a freaking egg to hard boil right. They are either over done or under done every time. Drives me nuts!!!
The kitchen mishaps made me laugh, we've all been there!
Post a Comment