Happy Monday everyone! Off to the start of another busy week for us! We had a great, relaxing weekend... too bad it's over already (but isn't that how great weekends go?.. too quickly). To recap the weekend, I thought I'd link up with Miscellany Monday!
1. Run, Jordan, Run!- Holy cow! I've signed up for my first 10k, and I'm pretty nervous, but also excited! It's been almost a year since our first 5k last Mother's Day, and I feel like it's time to push myself to the next level. I've run the distance several times on the treadmill, but never outside.. until today! I did my first long run outside, and boy was it a doozie! I made the mistake of not drinking any water today, and I really felt it (aka nearly passed out when I got home- NOT good!). The run was tough pretty much the whole way through, and my breathing felt really labored, but I did 5.5 miles! I was really proud, since that's the longest of I've done outside ever! I only have about 2 weeks until the big race, so there's not much time to build up to my full 10k (6.4 miles) distance outside, but I think I can do it. This race will definitely be a challenge, but I'm excited to meet a new goal!
2. Lent- I've been so busy, I haven't blogged about it yet, but I'm giving up soft drinks and all other caffeinated beverages for lent this year. Last year, if you recall, I gave up soft drinks, but I ended up drinking a lot of tea. It's been really tough, but I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, and I hope it might help me crave soft drinks and caffeine a little less. I'm also promising to attend/ watch (aka if it's a weekend where we're out of town/unavailable/whatever during normal church times, we will watch online... kinda weak, but better than nothing) a church service each week as a part of Lent. Matt and I have been looking for a new church, but we've been a little lazy about it, so I'm hoping that by the end of lent we'll at least have a couple we like. So far, we watched one last week and liked it, and I attended one today and did not like it at all (50/50 not bad).
3. R and R- thankfully, I was able to have some great R and R this weekend, which was much needed after two super busy weeks! Friday night, I brought salad and wine over to my friend, Patricia's new apartment, and met her for an awesome home cooked chicken dinner, cookies, and a movie (I'm so lame, I only saw part of the movie, as I was drifting off.. I blame the wine). It was the perfect night to catch up and a great way to wrap up the week. Saturday, we slept in (even Cayne!) and just hung out at home. It was the perfect lazy, rainy Saturday. Then we met up with friends for the K-State game. Unfortunately, we lost the game, but we had fun meeting up with two groups of friends anyway! I have to wish our best player, who ultimately carried the team most of the season, at final farewell, as he is graduating this year. We'll miss you, Pullen!
4. Captains of the Lake- Ha! Matt's dad recently purchased a new boat, and it's become the best thing for Matt and his dad. They went out together today to fish, and I have a feeling this is going to become a regular hobby for the two of them. I'm glad Matt and his dad have something they can do together again, and I look forward to this summer, when we can all go out together!
5. Craft blog stalking- Lately, I've developed a growing love of lots of the crafty blogs out there! There are so many awesome blogs with great projects, recipes, and tutorials. If only there were enough hours in the day to make it all (and every recipe I love was not a high calorie sweet- ha!), I'd be in crafty heaven! I've got about a million to-dos bookmarked already! I can't wait to tackle some new projects soon!
Just a few of my favorite crafty blogs:
504 Main
I Heart Naptime
Tater tots and Jello
Well, off to start the week! Hope you have a great Monday!
504 Main
I Heart Naptime
Tater tots and Jello
Well, off to start the week! Hope you have a great Monday!



3 comments:
Congrats on your running! Love those craft blogs you mentioned!
Yeahhh for your long run!! We should meet up at Heritage Park for a run soon :) ps- I WILL be at class on Friday morning. I will. I have to, haha.
I just stumbled on your blog. Love it! Sounds like a good weekend. Keep writing.
Post a Comment