Monday, December 6, 2010

Miscellany Monday


With so much going on, I felt like Miscellany Monday over at lowercase letters was the way to go.

1. We had my BIL, Josh, take our Christmas card pictures yesterday and cards were FINALLY ordered today.  I'm very excited about them (even though I didn't end up choosing any of the designs I originally liked). Here are a few of the bloopers, so to speak...

Can you tell these are forced 'I really love you' smiles? It was FREEZING, I had nothing to wear, M was supposed to be working, and I didn't like our chosen photoshoot location..

Leave it to Cayne to lighten the mood.. clearly the squirrels were more exciting than the camera...


Guess he saved his best smile for Momma!


2. Moving update! The final walk through is TOMORROW! I'm so excited and ready!  Woo hoo! Hoping for a closing/moving either Wednesday or Thursday!

3. My dad had a heart procedure today.  Please keep him in your prayers through his recovery.  The procedure was 'minor' (although nothing's minor when it's your dad), and he's doing well, but I'd love if you could keep him in your thoughts and prayers regarding the meds they gave him (that they'll work how they're supposed to)!  Love ya, Dad!

4.  I'm wounded... I'm not sure if I'm over-doing it at the gym or if I'm just getting old (the ripe old age of 24, really?), but I've seemed to hurt myself a lot over the last few months.  These are just minor injuries like a knee that bothers me for a week or a strained muscle in my hip region or a hurt foot (I can't even identify the pain), but it's still getting very annoying.  Since the house closing is this week, I won't have as much gym time, so hopefully the break will be good for the bod.

5.  I'm going decorating/crafting crazy! Now that I've got a house to decorate, I'm following lots of new decorating and DIY blogs, and I can't wait to try out all the ideas I've seen!  Good thing there are lots of budget decorating blogs to help me out!


One of my all time favs?





Love her house!


Well, I think that about wraps it up for today! Hope you all have had a great start to the week!


5 comments:

Laura said...

Ok, so many things to say! 1. Your hair and coat in the pictures are SO cute! Can't wait to see your cards! 2. Ahhh, you move so soon!! SO excited for you! 3. Definitely will be praying for your dad - I'm such a daddy's girl and am so scared of something happening to him! 4. I LOVE Thrifty Decor Chick! I follow a ton of home decor/budget/DIY blogs (since, as you can tell, I'm a bit obsessed with our house and interior design) and have a special section of my blog roll on my blog for them!

Nicole said...

I love the photo bloopers! We had our photo bloopers too! And yeah sometimes your body tells you to slow down! When my aunt was in Med school she went days upon days without sleep trying to study and her eyes just gave out and she couldn't see. The drs said it was the body's way of saying SLOW DOWN so maybe....

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love the photos, can't wait to see your cards! Good luck at walk through....fingers crossed all goes well. And prayers to your dad for a speedy recovery!

Gwen said...

I love the out takes!!! Can't wait to see the real photos!!! So excited for you girl!!! I can't wait to see photos of the house and hear all about it this weekend!!! Sending your Dad my prayers. XOXO

Kitty and June said...

those are great pics! what a sweet dog!!! hope your walk through went well today and your dad is in my prayers!!!!!