I know everyone has been anxious awaiting my return (ha!), but I've delayed my recap post until today due to this fun little upper respiratory infection (fancy name for horrible cold/possible sinus infection in the making). Jealous, aren't you? Should be... Anyway, this weekend was a big one, since my "baby" sister, Molly, graduated from high school! I seriously can't believe she's "all grown up" and moving off on her own in just a few months. It really seems like she was just in kindergarten yesterday.. Still, I could not be more proud of the woman she has become. She has been through a lot in her 18 years, but she is such a strong and resilient young woman. She is also incredibly smart, and is going to the University of South Carolina in the fall to study nursing. I think she'll make a fabulous nurse, since she's so caring and great with all types/ages of people (and did I mention smart?). Because Molly was in the top 10% of her class, she got to give a speech... let me tel you, her speech was the best, by far! I was blown away with how eloquently she spoke and with how wonderful her message was. She reminded her class to hold onto who they were, and to fly far, but also to never forget where their roots are. I was so impressed.
This is Molly and her friend, Carly at a Senior event (my other sister has the graduation pics, so I'll have to post those later)
Congrats, Molly! We love you very much!
In addition to being there for the big graduation event, I got to spend some much needed time with other family and friends. Before graduation, my friend Lindsey came over to chat and catch up! I'm so thankful for friends who come home just to see me when I'm in town! My grandparents came to graduation, which was a really great chance to catch up with them, since we don't see them often. After graduation, I also got to hang out with Mom as we headed up to "Project Graduation" to chaperone (when did I get so old?) to new graduates. Mom and Molly headed to the beach the next day for Senior Week, and I spent time hanging out with Dad, Olivia, Jamie, and another great friend, Emily (as well as a few of Olivia's friends). It's been a while since we had some relaxing family/friend time together, so it was really nice to spend the afternoon/evening together. We also to take in the movie Super 8 (it was alright.. I don't really care for science fiction, but it was better than I thought it would be). Sunday, Liv and Jamie (along with my doggie nephew, Benning) took me to the airport and I headed back home. It was a great, albeit short, trip, but I'm so glad I was able to go. We're looking forward to mid July when the Loves come out here for a visit!
-Jordan-

3 comments:
I hope your feeling better soon:(
Congrats to your sister, ughhhhhh My son will graduate next year. I feel OLD.....and SAD!
I hope your week is awesome-
D
What a fun weekend!! I'm so glad you got to go home for a bit and enjoy spending some time with people. I'm sure it was a little bit less of a whirlwind than the wedding weekend! So fun that family is coming to visit you next month! :)
See ya tonight!!!
Awe! Hope you are feeling better! I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend home and that you'll get to see them again soon in your new home! Congrats to Molly!
Post a Comment