Well, I've been a slacker blogger again, so I thought I'd do a quick catch up on what we've been up to lately. Thankfully, last week was a much better week at work. I was really busy, however, it seemed a little more relaxed than last week.. maybe because my boss was out of the office three and a half days.. could be?? Aside from work, we've been keeping busy with working out (so thankful to be back on my normal schedule there), spending time lots of friends, and trying to get caught up on some things around the house.
We had another big weekend this weekend. On Friday, we headed over to our friends' house for a birthday/break in the new deck BBQ. It was a lot of fun chatting and catching up, and we had lots of tasty food! I'm so glad we got to spend some time together, and hope Bridget had a great birthday!
Saturday was fairly low key for us (which I was SO thankful for). We slept in, hung out around the house, and got some cleaning knocked out. Then we headed out to take in a day-date and watch Bridesmaids. It was pretty funny, although the hubby thought it had more than necessary lady bathroom humor for him... I think I would have to agree (funny, but we could have done with a little less of all that). After the movie, we planned on staying in for the rest of the night, but we got a call from friends to meet them for sand volleyball again. This time it was one of Matt's friends and his girlfriend, who we haven't seen in a while, so we decided to go ahead and go. Even though I'm horrible at it (and don't particularly enjoy playing), it's nice to get out and do something active together and to spend time with great friends! Sunday morning, I got up early to run to the store before our busy day started, but by the time I was done, it was too late to head to early service at church (we could only do early service because of our later plans that day). We ended up listening to a sermon online instead... better than nothing, but we're going next week, no matter what! After that, we loaded up and headed down to the lake with some friends. We spent the day relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather and wonderful company. We always have such a great time out on the lake, and I look forward to another one soon! I did manage to score a killer sunburn, but otherwise, it was a blast!
(sorry no pictures, as I said.. lazy blogger)
Now, off to another week!
-Jordan-
2 comments:
I am so glad you got to recoup this past weekend finally! Sorry about the sunburn though. They are never fun. I hope you have a great week this week too!!! XOXO
Ouchie to the sunburn!! It sounds like it was a good weekend otherwise :)
Zach wants to know when we can get together next, haha. He really likes Matt (in a non-creepy way, I promise!).
Post a Comment