Wednesday, June 8, 2011

3 Years

3 Years ago (yesterday), I married my best friend.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it's really true.  I have great, amazing, wonderful friends, but there is something about our relationship that creates a safe place for me to be completely myself, to dump all the garbage of a bad day or to share every joy and excitement of life with.  When Matt and I got married, I knew he was the man I wanted to spend my life with.  I knew he would be a great, loving husband and, one day, an excellent father to our children.  I knew he was the kind of man I could be proud of and was someone of great character and who could go anywhere and make a friend.  I loved all of this about him.  What I didn't know was how close we would get (and I know we're really just beginning).  I didn't know that he'd be able to tell from the tone of my voice exactly how I was feeling, that he would feel pain right along with me and how his joy would almost surpass mine when exciting things happened for me.  I didn't know that I would look forward every day to getting off work just to sit on the couch and watch TV or a movie together.  I didn't know he would jump in and do whatever was asked of him to help out my friends or my family, understand if I needed to go to one of them at the drop of a hat, and encourage me to make time for those relationships, even if it meant we got less to spend together.  I have been truly blessed to call him my husband, and I'm so excited for our future together.

(anniversary recap with picture to come)

-Jordan-

10 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Happy happy anniversary!! May you have a lifetime of wonderful memories, laughter and love.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! A happy marriage is truly an amazing thing! Jess
my blogger commenter is janked up so i have to post anonymous

Gwen said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Here's too a lifetime of celebrating!!!

Carolyn said...

Awww!!! :) Happy anniversary!!

Mateya said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Kitty and June said...

so glad you guys had a great anniversary yesterday! can't wait to see the pics! we celebrate year #3 in july!

MrsEyeCanSee said...

Happy Anniversary!! Here's to many many more!

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary Jordan and Matt! :)

Elise Gabrielle said...

Happy Anniversary Jordan, and you too Matt! What you said about your relationship is so beautiful and genuine. I hope that I too, one day, will be able to say that I married my best friend! I hope the Lord blesses you with many more wonderful years!

Elise Gabrielle, One Day I Will Be
elise-gabrielle.blogspot.com

Natalie and Lee said...

Enjoying reading your blog! :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... though I'm a little late!:)