Monday, June 27, 2011

A Healthier Me

So the last month and a half has kicked my tail when it comes to being healthy!  It's been nice to relax a little on the diet and workouts (not that I've had much of a choice on the latter with the crazy schedule I've had), but truthfully, it's been more stressful not to stick to it.  So, that time has come to jump back on the Healthy bandwagon before my weight jumps up another few lbs (among other not great side effects). Starting last week, I've tried to rev back up my workout schedule.  I used to always get in 5 workouts a week, so I'm getting back to at least that.  Also, I'm working on making healthier food choices and eating smaller portions, since I've kind of forgotten all my good habits over the last few months.  Finally, I'm working now on getting a little more sleep.  This one is a tough one for me, but I think it will really help with the whole healthier me thing.  

What great tips do you have for living a healthier lifestyle? Any great healthy treats or recipes?  Any workouts you love?  

I think part of my slacking has been due to getting bored with my old routine, so any tips would be great!

-Jordan-

4 comments:

Jess said...

I think you look great! I love Zumba, it's a fun workout! I try to maintain my digestive health by eating snacks high in fiber!

Gwen said...

I think you are gorgeous just the way you are my friend! If I let myself slip I struggle so much with getting back on track. I'm a creature of habit so sticking with the same meals every day seems to work for me. I wish I had more advice but I'm such a yo-yo when it comes to my weight. I'm obviously not very good at it. LOL!

Mateya said...

Does the gym you go to offer workout classes? I LOVE classes. I do a lot of power classes (like BodyPump) and I teach circuit training. The hour goes by so fast and it's nice to have other people there, you sort of feel more accountable.

As for healthy eating, check out www.skinnytaste.com GREAT website for low fat recipes!

d.a.r. said...

Definitely mix it up, it makes it so much easier to get excited about a new routine!

Good luck--although, I think you look fabulous, so I wouldn't stress the extra pounds AT ALL.