Monday, June 20, 2011

Like a Roller Coaster

That's what my life has been like the last few weeks.  Work has been so stressful.  Some of it is self-induced with all the travel and things over the last few months... even a day off seems to put me so behind with as busy as we are right now.  A lot of it is other stuff.. expectations that somehow seem always out of reach and environment/team/atmosphere that just doesn't feel right.  It's hard.  I'm hoping this week will improve (in fact, I'm willing it to!), and I'm working hard to get up to speed and hopefully even get ahead of the game again.  As I mentioned, I was also sick last week, and this cold really kicked my butt!  I only missed one day of work, but I was out of commission for exercise for most of the week (which didn't help my stress level).  Today is the first day I haven't needed medicine, and it's the first day of a week that I hope will be more normal.  

On the up side, my sweet hubby took care of me while I was out of commission.  I'm so glad to have him!  Also, we did get to spend some great time with friends this weekend, which was much needed.  We had dinner with couple friends on Friday night and played volleyball (if you're thinking that I'm not an athlete, you're totally right... thank goodness no one seemed to care) with friends on Saturday.  Matt was on call this weekend and I had to also go into work for a bit on Sunday, so we didn't get to go to church, but we're looking forward to finally getting back next weekend.  Sunday night, we got to celebrate Father's day with Matt's parents with a tasty, low key bbq at their house.  It was great to catch up, since we've all been gone so much lately.  Although not as great as in person, I did get to chat with my dad for a while, too, and wish him a Happy Father's day- one BIG upside of life are the great families we have supporting us on all sides! 

So, up and down, it certainly has been like a roller coaster ride around here lately.  I'm hopeful that there are more ups than down to come, and I'm so grateful for the highs that take away the stress of the lows.  We are very blessed to have each other and also the amazing people we surround ourselves with..... after all, isn't life mostly about the people with whom you share it?

-Jordan-

4 comments:

Gwen said...

You poor thing. I'm so sorry you are under so much stress at work and then to be sick on top of that just sucks! I really hope this week is awesome for you!!!

Jess said...

Hope things get better fast! I'm sure you'll get back on top of things before you know it!

d.a.r. said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Antiobiotics totally did the trick for me...finally!

We need to see each other more--we live too close not to :)

Makenzie said...

totally agree! i hope things slow down a bit so you can catch your breath :)