Happy Valentine's day! It's been a pretty normal day around the deFlon house, as we celebrated Valentine's day on Saturday. I'm sure you're just dying to know, so I'll tell you about my Valentine's surprise! I must say, I would have been thrilled just because I didn't have to make the plans, however the hubs really went above and beyond on this one.
Saturday night, we headed out for dinner. Leaving the house, I still had no idea where I was going, which was lots of fun- I LOVE SURPRISES! On the way there, I finally let Matt spill the beans about our plans for the evening. He told me we were going to the Power and Light district in KC to have dinner at The Bristol and then to a movie in the Cinema Suites! I was super excited. We arrived right on time for our reservation at The Bristol. It's a fantastic Seafood place (not so easy to get in the mid-west). I had actually never been there before (neither had Matt), so it was nice to have that 'first' together. We ate way too much yummy seafood, and spent a little too much money (totally worth it every once in a while) and had some great conversation (even when I brought up fun subjects like finances.. I know, not very romantic, sorry hun).
After we stuffed ourselves at dinner (man, I wish we could have had a doggy bag- lobster mac 'n' cheese anyone?) we walked over to AMC Main Street movie theater. Oh my gosh, if you're in KC and haven't been here yet, you really need to go. The building itself is really neat, and it's remodeled to look like a really swanky hotel- very cool! We stopped in the lobby for a drink in the bar and then headed into our movie. We had purchased Cinema Suites tickets, which are the most exclusive option. Basically, we enjoyed the movie from the comfort of private recliners (okay, they looked like recliners and had the kick-out footrest, but didn't actually recline). It was heavenly! CS tickets are kind of expensive, but they do come with a voucher for food and drinks. Since we had already had dinner, we enjoyed some drinks (champagne for me and a cocktail for M) and some fantastic Brownie Sundaes (TO DIE FOR).
To top it all off, Matt chose a chick flick for us, No Strings Attached. I thought the movie was alright, pretty funny, but it didn't really matter. The experience was awesome! After the movie, we met up with Matt's boss and his fiance (and their friends) who were down in P & L for a little bit and headed home. All in all, it was a wonderful night, and I'm so thankful for my husband who did such a great time and made me feel so special! Good job, Babe!
Today is a day for the other love of our life, too- our pup, Cayne! It's his 6th Birthday, today, so as we speak, he's enjoying a big ole' bone! We love that dog- he certainly keeps life interesting (and he better live to be 100, because I'm pretty sure he's like a kid to us).
Hope you all have had a fantastic Valentines day with your loves- I know I am! Oh, and it's a big night for us in basketball... I'm keeping expectations low, but Go Cats!



3 comments:
Yay! Sounds like a fantastic night! And holy cow I don't wanna jinx it....but go Cats!!
Oooohhh looks like a perfect night!
Bristol is SOOO good!
Love it, what fun. And from a dedicated Jayhawk... congrats on the KSU win... my husband made me wear a purple shirt with my purple coat and my purple purse to work today...
Post a Comment