Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thawing Out

Can anyone guess why this image created so much excitement and relief for M and me last night?

If you guessed FROZEN PIPES, you are right... Yes, that's right, we came home last night to a frozen pipe and no running water.  A major minor freak-out, a few tears from yours truly, and some creative use of the blow dryer later, we heard the most joyous sound as the ice passed through and the water came back on.  Thank you JESUS!  I have never been so relieved in my life!  It's been quite the week here at the deFlon house.  Just another one of the joys of home ownership, I guess!  So thankful for the thaw!


P.S. Since I went on about how we never do Valentine's day, I thought I should fill ya'll in that the hubby has planned a surprise for me for V-day on Saturday.  He's not really a planner/surpriser, so I'm excited to see what he has up his sleeve.  No matter what it is, I feel so lucky he took the time to put something together! :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhh, thank goodness it didn't burst! We had to deal with that last month - Not fun at all! But you're right, it's just one of the joys of home ownership. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend/Valentine's Day celebration! Can't wait to hear about it!

d.a.r. said...

Ahh thank goodness you didn't end up with a flood in your house like we did last year!!

Can't wait to hear about your surprise this weekend!

beka said...

Ohmygoodness. I'm so glad that the pipes didn't burst, what an ordeal that would have been. Good thinking on the hair dryer.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day!

Gwen said...

WOW!!! I would have seriously freaked to find frozen pipes!!! Glad it wasn't a major issue for you!

Hope you enjoyed your Valentine's surprise!!!