Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the Move

Hello from Kansas!

Well, I've finally gotten some time to sit down and catch up on the blog. I did want to be sure to post about our last weekend in Memphis and our move. We've finally settled in in KC with the in-laws and are enjoying a weekend with nothing to do. We are loving getting to hang out with old friends and with family, but we definitely miss all of you in Memphis and are so grateful for your help last weekend!

Our move in pictures:




Friday night we visited the Abercrombies in Collierville
What a cute little family with new baby Jack!


Unfortunately, Alissa's eyes were closed in this one, but it's the only picture we took!
We miss you guys!
On Saturday, moving day, Cayne hung out in the car all day, scared we were going to leave him!

Our U-Haul.. still we barely fit all our stuff...
Matt's former coworkers came to help load the truck, along with our neighbor, Bubba.
Thanks, guys- much, much appreciated!

Saturday night, we went out for Dinner and a movie (Valentine's Day) with our neighbors, Sam and Bubba.

Matt and Bubba at our house after the movies.
Sam and meWe miss you guys, too!

Matt and me in front of our first house for the last time


Sunday morning we woke up and left our lovely first house and the city of Memphis. I have to admit that I teared up as we drove across the bridge out of Memphis. While I'm so excited about our "new lives" in Kansas City, there are definitely people and things I'll miss (already do) about our lives in Memphis. 9.5 hours of driving and a couple bottles of 5 hour energy later, we arrived in Kansas City, crammed our stuff in a storage unit and settled in at Matt's parents' house. We've finally got most of our stuff put away, and life is moving on as it always does. We miss all of you in Memphis, but our first week in Kansas has gone well. For now, take care!


No comments: