Joy- the best word to describe January with the deFlons. January has been a GREAT month! We've had so much fun kicking of 2012 with family, friends, and new babies (no ours)!
We kicked off the year with New Year's with friends and our first party at our house for the K-State bowl game (too bad the game didn't go our way.. don't get me started on the Cats)! Then, the second week in January, our friends welcomed their first baby, Kynleigh! I was lucky enough to get to go visit her in the hospital and can't wait to spend more time with the little cutie pie!
The following weekend, we had a belated "Christmas" party with blog friends and their hubbies/kiddos. It was fantastic to catch up with those ladies, since our lives often get too busy to get together much. It's amazing what great friends these ladies have become (and we're lucky the husbands get along so well too)!
The weekend after that, we headed off to Omaha for a wedding/reunion with Matt's friends! We had a
blast catching up, dancing the night away, and acting like we were still in college for a night. Thanks to our new iPhones, we actually have some pictures of this night!
As if all this fun wasn't enough, Matt and I took off last Friday and headed back to Memphis for the first time since moving away. We've been dying to get back for quite some time, but I just haven't had any days to take to do it. This time, I bit the bullet and decided to tag along for Matt's already planned hunting trip. I'm so glad I did. It was so fantastic to see everyone- from old work friends to neighbors to church friends... I even got to meet a new baby (new to me at least). We also drove by our beloved first house... we still miss it terribly. We are so lucky to have met so many wonderful people in our short time in Memphis, and I hope these friendships are some we'll be able to keep for many years to come.
My old neighbors' little boy, Drake! We stayed with them while in Memphis, and I had so much fun playing with him. He even let me put the bow from his super late first birthday present on him!
To cap January off, one of my good friends had her first baby, Jack, on the last day of the month! What a great start to the new year. We've had such a wonderful January.. I only hope the rest of 2012 is just as great!
And because I'm a proud Auntie- this month, my niece, Hadley, turned 3 months- how cute is she?!
-Jordan-
3 comments:
Oh my stars--Hadley could NOT get any cuter!!!
Thanks for coming to visit--next time it won't be so zany (I hope!) and we can actually sit down and catch up.
Look at little miss Hadley. She's adorable!!! Glad you had a great month!!!
How adorable is Hadley in that tutu? I just about died!
Post a Comment