Thought I'd take a second to play catch up real quick on what's happening around here.
Two weekends ago, we were lucky enough to have a very special visitor stay with us. One of my lifelong friends, Emily, came to visit from North Carolina! We have been friends since before we can remember (sometime around age 2), but we haven't lived in the same place since we were 16, so it's a rare gift when we get to spend more than a few hours together. We had so much fun catching up, doing lots of talking, and quite a bit of eating (we were always good at that one). We had happy hour with one of my KC friends, BBQ with Matt and some of his friends, and took in the (oh so exciting) local bar scene. Most of all, it was great to have the time to really talk, hear more about each others' lives, and enjoy each others' company. The reason for the trip was because Emily is spending some time working in somewhat nearby Omaha, and the good news is that she will be there for most of the summer, so more trips here and there are definitely going to be happening in a few more months!
We had a low key Valentine's day around here this year. Prior to V-day, we decided instead of going out to celebrate, we were going to purchase a groupon for Zip-lining in Branson. We have to wait a few months to actually go, but I can't wait! We didn't forget about the holiday altogether, though. We purchased a heart shaped pizza that was quite tasty (cooking it was quite the adventure.. who knew you were supposed to leave it on the sheet it comes on to bake). We watched Water for Elephants on DVD and Matt bought me a bottle of wine and a super sweet card (I gave him ice cream). It was also Cayne's 7th birthday on V-day. I can't believe our little puppy is growing up so fast! He got a bag of his favorite bones along with some denti-bones which he thoroughly enjoyed!
Last weekend Matt, Cayne, and I headed to the lake for some R & R. We've had a crazy few weeks, and Matt felt like fishing, so I figured why not tag along for some time doing a bunch of nothing. We enjoyed the break from the norm and discovered a pretty tasty BBQ/burger place close to Matt's parents' condo.
All in all, it's been a busy start to the year for us, but a good one. We have no travel plans for at least the next month (although, you never know for sure). I'm looking forward to catching up on some things around here and maybe even starting some house projects.
Off to hang out with Matt before bed (oh and enjoy another K-State victory.. I sure hope our b-ball team is making a turn around from earlier in the season)!
-Jordan-
No comments:
Post a Comment