Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

It was another great weekend here at the deFlon house.  Coming off of a week of being pretty under the weather, when the weekend hit, we got some much needed rest (unfortunately, Matt's sickness had a resurgence today).  I spent Friday night at home watching an old friend of mine from childhood on Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta!  It was so weird to see someone you know on TV.. funny how reality TV makes that situation so much more likely!  Matt got to hang out and catch up with some of his friends.  

We slept in on Saturday and spent the morning lounging around the house.  Then I hit up my first Cross fit class- HOLY COW!  It was super tough, but kind of cool at the same time.  It really pushes you beyond what you think you can do.... and my arms have never been more sore in my life.  I'm on a 1 month groupon to this gym, so I won't do it forever, but I'm going to try to make it to the class once a week while I'm going there (say a prayer- next class is tomorrow night).  Saturday afternoon, I finally got to meet my friend's new baby!  He is so precious, and I can't wait to see them again soon!  We spent the rest of the evening celebrating Matt's dad's birthday with lots of tasty fried food and good conversation. 

On Sunday we slept and lounged again.  We really needed the rest after such an exhausting (but fun) couple weekends out of town.  That afternoon, we put together some food and headed over to watch the super bowl with some friends.  I ate way to much, but we had a great time catching up and getting to love on their new little one.  All in all, it was a fun weekend- the perfect balance of downtime and time with friends.  As I mentioned, the week started out not so great, as Matt's sinus issue, which had lingered a little all weekend, made a come back.  He's been sleeping and taking medicine today, so hopefully he'll be as good as new soon!  Hope everyone has a great week!

-Jordan-

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Isn't he just the sweetest little guy!!!

I'm glad you and Matt are feeling better. Being sick just sucks!!!

And yay for some quiet relaxing time at home. I'm going to schedule myself some soon.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I think I'm the last one to meet little Jack! Everytime I've tried it doesn't work out!

We had a total lazy day on Sunday too. It was amazing!