Even though I'm not much on New Year's resolutions, I am the quintessential goal setter and love the thought of a fresh start with the new year. While I don't necessarily want a new me altogether, there are some goals I have for the new year to make a better me!
1. Seize the day! I want to make the most of each day and really seize any opportunities that come our way. I want to be more adventurous and spontaneous, and make sure I don't let myself just be "comfortable" in the everyday. This also includes less time on the computer, since I tend to get sucked in for a while (yes, I realize I'm blogging more.. timing is key).
2. Keep up the healthy habits and challenge myself with the new and different- this year, especially at the end, I really worked on being my healthiest self and getting in good shape. Prior to the Christmas holiday, I was doing really well, so I'm working on getting back on track and challenging myself in the workout department.
3. Trust in the Lord- this is a repeat goal, time after time. This year, God has provided so much for us. My goal is just to continually trust him with whatever he has in store and in the timing for our lives. Enough said!
4. Spend more time with those close to us- we've had a great year of friends and family, but I want to continue to push ourselves to plan more time with everyone. We don't see Matt's family as much as I would like to, especially since we're so close, so I'm hoping to get together more often (not the easiest thing with our nutty schedules). I know we see my family as much as possible, and we will, of course, continue to do that, but I'm hoping to add some skype "dates" this year to help us feel a little closer. I also really want to have more parties and get togethers at house!
5. Work on the house- Our house was pretty much move in ready when we bought it, so we've basically coasted through this year and haven't done much to make it ours. There are a few key projects I look forward to tackling this year along with lots of decorating ideas (thanks to Pinterest)!
6. Tackle the finances- Since moving back to KC, we've adjusted financially, but I still feel like we're not handling our budget as well as we could. I know we both want to have a little more in savings as well as plan better, so we can have a little more for trips and whatnot. I hope to work especially on the grocery budget, but anywhere will work!
Whew! A lot for one year, but I'm excited for some new challenges and a lot of fun!
-Jordan-
3 comments:
That is a great list! I'm still working on mine... I like your skype date idea, I may need to request that with my family!
I'm so impressed with your list!!! I need to get on the ball with mine although I don't know that I'll do resolutions either. More just continuations of goals. :) So good seeing you for lunch!!! Thank you again for coming. Love ya!
Oooh what a nice list! I love #3, I believe that the Lord has plans for me and that even if things do no go the way I want them to, I know that His plans for me are better than what I have planned for myself.
Post a Comment