Well, for anyone who hasn't heard our big news yet, here you go:
The last few months have been really tough for Matt in his job. While he has always been grateful for his job, he has felt for the last few months that it was really not what he was supposed to be doing with his life. Kind of randomly, Matt found out about a job opportunity (in various locations) with this new company. When he spoke with the recruiter, he mentioned another opportunity he thought Matt would be great for.. only it was in Kansas City. I must admit, when Matt first told me about the job, I thought there was absolutely NO WAY we could make it work, especially considering they need him there in less than two months. I knew, thanks to my recruiting experience, that it would be smart for him to go ahead with his interview and build the relationship with the company, even if it was only for the future. Well, Matt went through the entire interview process from start to finish in around 2 weeks, and then they offered him the job! We were so excited because we had been praying a long time for some direction of where we should go next, when, and what to do about Matt's job situation. This was clearly an answer to our prayers, and we took it as such- taking the leap and saying yes to the job!
So where are we now? Well, we have been beyond blessed in our preparation for this move. A short 7 months ago, we bought a house that we had fallen in love with. At the time, we had no plans of going anywhere for the next few years. Well, funny how things change. Matt and I knew of one couple who were looking to buy a house in our area. They came over a few weeks ago, and thankfully fell in love with our house too! Isn't that incredible? All the loan and contract stuff has gone through now and we're set to move out on Valentine's weekend! Isn't God good!? So, that leads to my plans. My team at work found out the news this week, and my last day in the office will be February 12th. I'm really lucky because due to some other changes in my department, I'm going to be temporarily working "from home" in Kansas City, while they look for my replacement. Since I don't have any leads on jobs yet, that is a huge help to me! We'll also be temporarily crashing the in-laws' house while we get settled and wait for a job for me (thanks deFlons for letting us stay)!
Matt and I feel like this whole move has been a huge sign from God on where he wants our lives to go. While we don't even pretend to know what will come next for us, we are excited and confident that this is what we're supposed to be doing. We will greatly miss our friends and coworkers we've met here in Memphis, and that part will be tough no matter how right it feels. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we start on this new journey.
WE'RE MOVING TO KANSAS CITY!
Shocking, I know! This whole move has come about pretty quickly! So how did this all begin?The last few months have been really tough for Matt in his job. While he has always been grateful for his job, he has felt for the last few months that it was really not what he was supposed to be doing with his life. Kind of randomly, Matt found out about a job opportunity (in various locations) with this new company. When he spoke with the recruiter, he mentioned another opportunity he thought Matt would be great for.. only it was in Kansas City. I must admit, when Matt first told me about the job, I thought there was absolutely NO WAY we could make it work, especially considering they need him there in less than two months. I knew, thanks to my recruiting experience, that it would be smart for him to go ahead with his interview and build the relationship with the company, even if it was only for the future. Well, Matt went through the entire interview process from start to finish in around 2 weeks, and then they offered him the job! We were so excited because we had been praying a long time for some direction of where we should go next, when, and what to do about Matt's job situation. This was clearly an answer to our prayers, and we took it as such- taking the leap and saying yes to the job!
So where are we now? Well, we have been beyond blessed in our preparation for this move. A short 7 months ago, we bought a house that we had fallen in love with. At the time, we had no plans of going anywhere for the next few years. Well, funny how things change. Matt and I knew of one couple who were looking to buy a house in our area. They came over a few weeks ago, and thankfully fell in love with our house too! Isn't that incredible? All the loan and contract stuff has gone through now and we're set to move out on Valentine's weekend! Isn't God good!? So, that leads to my plans. My team at work found out the news this week, and my last day in the office will be February 12th. I'm really lucky because due to some other changes in my department, I'm going to be temporarily working "from home" in Kansas City, while they look for my replacement. Since I don't have any leads on jobs yet, that is a huge help to me! We'll also be temporarily crashing the in-laws' house while we get settled and wait for a job for me (thanks deFlons for letting us stay)!
Matt and I feel like this whole move has been a huge sign from God on where he wants our lives to go. While we don't even pretend to know what will come next for us, we are excited and confident that this is what we're supposed to be doing. We will greatly miss our friends and coworkers we've met here in Memphis, and that part will be tough no matter how right it feels. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we start on this new journey.
Jordan
1 comment:
Congratulations!! Sounds like it is all working out!
Post a Comment