Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

Hello everyone,
I know it's been a little while since my last blog update.. we've been very busy folks around here lately!




This past Monday, my church (Hope Presbyterian) had it's womens' Bible study kick off. It was quite the event, as the author of our book, Lysa Terkeurst was there to speak! We're getting ready to start reading Lysa's book, More than Just a Good Bible Study Girl, and it was great to have Lysa, herself, there to introduce us to the book. Lysa is so humble, and her idea behind the book is that if God can do big things with an imperfect woman like herself that he can do the same with me and you. She was a fabulous speaker. There was laughing, crying, and everything in between. I am so blessed to have such an awesome womens' ministry to be a part of, and I can't wait to start this new book. I'll definitely keep you posted on how it goes, but for now I'll just leave you with this verse, the center of Lysa's talk:


"Rejoice Always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks..." (1Thess. 5:16-18)




2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am very excited about this book! Lysa was incredible to listen to.

d.a.r. said...

That looks so good!!!