Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Party Time!

This week has been filled with tons of Christmas festivities. I kicked off the week with a potluck breakfast at work. It was such a nice way to start a Monday morning and I was so excited I even got up early to bake some cinnamon rolls to contribute! Also, this week my department is participating in a "Christmas Colors Challenge" where we wear red, green, and white each day during the week. There are also a few theme days like "tacky Christmas" (I'll try to add a picture from this later on). It definitely livens up the work week!

Last night I headed over to my Bible Study group for our Potluck dinner. I've been really blessed to find this group of women (especially so close to our house), and we had a great time last night. We got to chat, eat (more) great food, and then we moved onto the second part of our evening. Our Bible study group sponsored a family of three local kids to be our "angels" this Christmas. On Saturday, Melissa, Jennifer, and I went shopping for the kids and had a great time picking out all their goodies. Last night after we ate everyone helped out wrapping the presents. Wednesday, the kids will get their gifts at school. Hopefully I'll have a picture to share of that soon!


Me, Jennifer, and Melissa at the Potluck

A picture of our pile of presents for our Angels :)

The group wrapping the Angel presents
Our Bible Study Group- such a blessing to me!

Today was our office-wide Cookie Exchange. I baked last year, but I decided to step it up a little this year and bake some cookies from scratch. I found my recipe on a blogger cookie exchange, and it turned out great... so great that I won for best cookie by our judges! Woo hoo! :)


I won! My prize is a cute mixing bowl and matching wisk plus some cookie Mix!
(In case anyone wants to try my "Chocolate Minties")

Hopefully the rest of the festivities are as fun as the first ones of the week!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

You will definitely have pictures! I'll email them to you tonight!!