Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Festivities Continued...

Well this week has flown by! With all of the Christmas festivities, I've been super busy, but it's definitely been a lot of fun. Here's a little wrap-up of this week:

On Wednesday, the Angel Tree kids that my bible study adopted received their presents. Melissa and Jennifer were there to give the gifts and snapped a few sweet pictures for us! It was so nice to be able to give back to a family close to home.


On Thursday of this week, my department at work got to join in on the holiday gift giving by helping out with our own Holiday Heroes program. For those who don't know, I work for a great Non-profit organization, Youth Villages. YV provides counseling services to youth and their families. One of the programs we offer are residential services, for kids who have been removed from their homes. Holiday Heroes is a program to help give these kids and those in some of our other programs a Christmas. Our department sponsored one teenager in Massachusetts and shopped for 14 boys at our Center for Intensive Residential Treatment in Bartlett, TN. We then got to go and deliver gifts to the boys. They got to open one gift while we were there, but they'll save the rest for Christmas morning. The kids were thrilled, and it was really amazing to see how excited they were! It's such a blessing to be able to work for an organization responsible for such great work.



Finally, today was the last day of our Christmas Color Challenge at work. We finally snapped a group picture of the Memphis crew. While today's theme was "Christmas Spirit", we decided to deviate a little bit and all of the recruiters came as the 8 reindeer + Rudolph. I came as the reindeer, Dancer! Our supervisor stole the show, though, as a decked out Christmas tree. It was a lot of fun getting to liven up the holidays with the 2nd annual Christmas Color Challenge, and guess what??? I won! I won a great 2009 stocking as my trophy and some smaller goodies for each day I won. Jamila, one of my great work friends, took home top prize for the remote recruiters! Now onto wearing colors other than red and green... :)


Here's our Memphis crew (minus Luke)


I think that's about it for our week end wrap-up. Hope you all enjoy your last shopping weekend before Christmas!


No comments: