Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Recap

So a few days late, I thought I should take some time to recap the fabulous year of 2011.  It's been an interesting one full of highs and a couple lows, but all in all, it's been a good one.  Here is my bullet point recap of 2011 (including a few baby pictures.. how can I resist):
  • Started off the year hating my old job, but was lucky enough to snag a new job I'm still loving in July.
  • In March, my parents paid us a visit and got to check out our new (at the time) house.
  • I ran my first 10k in April!
  • I hosted our first family holiday at our house for Easter!
  • My sister, Olivia, married her hubby, Jamie, adding our 2nd "boy" to the Love clan.  Welcome to the family!
  • My friend, Marcella, tied the knot with long time bf, Mike in May, and I gladly stood by her side as a bridesmaid.
  • My youngest sister, Molly, graduated from high school (so proud of her!)!
  • I coordinated another wedding in June!
  • Right before starting my new job in July, my family (minus BIL, Jamie) visited from North Carolina- a rare and wonderful gift to have them here!
  • My youngest sister, Molly, headed off to college!
  • My in-laws bought a condo at the lake and we got to spend a weekend away enjoying it with them (looking forward to many more of these)!
  • October 10th- We welcomed our first niece, Hadley.Anne.Blackburn to the world!  We are so in love with this little blessing, and are so thrilled to be an aunt and uncle!
  • In October, I ran my first (maybe only??) half marathon- maybe the proudest I've ever been of myself!
  • At the end of October, I got to head for a quick trip down to NC to see baby Hadley, while Matt headed off for a long awaited hunting trip to SD with his friends.
  • We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving in KC with the deFlons (our first major holiday where we woke up in our own home)!
  • For Christmas, we headed to NC to spend time with my family and Matt got to meet Hadley for her first Christmas.

  •  I got to have a fantastic reunion with my NC friends while at home!
  • We headed back to KC just in time for New Year's Eve, although we just enjoyed a quiet night with friends.
  • Throughout 2011 we spent tons of time with great friends doing everything from dinner dates to parties, to days on the lake.  
We are so blessed to have incredible friends and family to share our lives with.  2011 was great, but I'm looking forward to a new year of new adventures.  I hope/think 2012 will be the best year yet!
-Jordan-

3 comments:

Jess said...

It was great to see you Sunday! Looking forward to all the new year brings... I'd love to run a half this year!

The McGuire's said...

Glad to see your back to blogging :) I've been super bad as well! Hope your 2012 is amazing!!! (see you soon, in nebraska!!)

Mateya said...

What a great recap! Your husband comes to South Dakota hunting?? Where does he go? My dad owns a hunting preserve, that's why I ask :)