It's been about a week and a half since starting the new job... and so far, so good! I'm still training, so I don't have the full picture of what my day to day will look like (the person leaving the job is here until Friday), but I do think I'll enjoy it, and the work environment is definitely better. Here is my top 10 so far on the new job:
10. Newly remodeled modern, colorful office.
9. Nice Boss... we're not completely alike, but for the most part, our personalities seem fairly compatible.
8. Growing company.. business has picked up, which means job security (and maybe potential new opportunities within the company one day) for this girl!
7. Friendly and happy employees.... while I don't have anyone my age there, everyone is super friendly and welcoming.. they actually seem happy to be there!
6. New learning experiences and challenges in the work I'm going to be doing (Benefits, safety, wellness, etc... drawback.. insurance billing- scary!)
5. Location, location, location- only a 15-20 minute commute! :)
4. Community Service.. the company gives several days off per year for community service, and I'm looking forward to ways I can utilize this (esp. since I miss the "cause" part of working for a non-profit)
3. Networking and learning opportunities.. I'll get to be involved with the local HR group and attend conferences again, so I can continue to improve my skills!
2. Gym/ Fitness.. they have a huge wellness focus, which means a fantastic gym and classes during lunch a few days a week.. this "gym rat" is in LOVE
1. Feeling of peace with where I am... I'm not sure about what's to come.. what my experience with this job will be like.. but I have a peace with where I am and the decision I made. I've prayed for a long time for a better fit for me, and I feel like this is an answered prayer for this stage in my life. I'm looking forward to growing a lot!
-Jordan-
3 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you're loving your new job! Sound like a perfect fit for you!
Sounds like a great top ten! A friendly, positive group of co-workers is a huge win!
❤ Cat brideblu
I'm SO happy to hear that you are liking your job so far - that is a great top 10! I definitely understand what you mean about missing the "cause" in a nonprofit. The gym classes sound great!
Post a Comment